Technician, Production – Carbonization Day Crew – 1 Opening
Location: Moore, SC
Posted: August 9, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all plant safety rules and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Perform assigned duties during periodical cleaning, zero start, and precursor exchange.
- Operate a wide variety of chemical processing equipment to manufacture carbon fiber.
- Set up and/or adjust process equipment to allow proper flow of chemicals.
- Review process instrumentation to monitor process parameters, identify process deviations and take appropriate corrective action.
- Respond to warning signals and alarms that indicate issues have arisen, take all necessary precaution to prevent accidents or injuries and minimize process upsets.
- Inspect finished product and disposition according to quality guidelines.
- Utilize Manufacturing Excellence System (MES) to document completion of production activities.
- Complete assigned production tasks while adhering to established work instructions.
- Complete all process checklists per schedule.
- Complete all sampling and quality checks per schedule.
- Perform minor mechanical maintenance in a total productive maintenance environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in performing daily work activities.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to adapt and conform to shifting priorities and demands and execute accordingly.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned.
- Ability to drive during the workday and/or travel as required.
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- Must meet Toray CMA minimum WorkKeys score requirements in Workplace Documents, Graphic Literacy, Applied Mathematics and Applied Technology.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years related experience and/or training preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is required in lieu of the stated education and experience requirements.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, and is frequently exposed to wet, humid or hot conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required, including full face respirator in the Spinning and Carbonization production areas. Reasonable accommodations, if requested, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities, absent undue hardship.