Technician, Test Lab – Rotating Crew – 4 Openings
Location: Moore, SC
Posted: August 9, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all plant safety rules and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Inspect finished product and disposition according to quality guidelines.
- Perform variety of laboratory tests relating to the analysis of chemical and biological elements of raw materials, process samples and finished product.
- Conduct special testing as required.
- Record analysis and test data for evaluation and reporting.
- Utilize Manufacturing Exellence System (MES) to document completion of production activities.
- Perform tasks related to the maintenance, calibration verification and troubleshooting of the laboratory equipment and test devices.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Specifications
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in performing daily work activities.
- Ability to conduct testing on GC machinery.
- Ability to conduct IV Testing (manual) Instron Machine.
- Ability to conduct standard lab testing such as PH, Moisture, and Titrations.
- Data entry and basic computer skills on applications such as Microsoft Office suite.
- Possess mathematical knowledge and perform complex conversions and calculations.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to adapt and conform to shifting priorities and demands and execute accordingly.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned.
- Ability to drive during the workday and/or travel as required.
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years related experience and/or training preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is required in lieu of the stated education and experience requirements.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, and is frequently exposed to wet, humid or hot conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required, including full face respirator in the Spinning and Carbonization production areas. Reasonable accommodations, if requested, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities, absent undue hardship.