Technician, Electrical Maintenance – 1 Opening
Location: Moore, SC
Posted: August 9, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all plant safety rules and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Perform electrical repairs on equipment.
- Implement changes to the electrical system.
- Determine the materials necessary to make the repair, obtain the materials required, and plan the work schedule to make the repair.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled equipment checks.
- Inspect the work of outside contractors to ensure proper installation.
- Provide contractors with information about the scope of work to be performed. Serve as a resource for contractors for information about the plant and equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and safe electrical practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical devices and control circuits.
- Ability to design and install electrical equipment in accordance with national electric code.
- Must be able to work (as required) with a PSM Process where Acrylonitrile is used. Employee will be properly trained, prior to accessing these areas per CFR 1910.1045 and CMA company training documents as determined by management.
- Applies feedback to improve performance and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to adapt and conform to shifting priorities and demands and execute accordingly.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned.
- Ability to drive during the workday and/or travel as required.
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- One to three years related experience preferred.
- A two-year college degree in related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is required in lieu of the stated education and experience requirements.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, and is frequently exposed to wet, humid or hot conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required, including full face respirator in the Spinning and Carbonization production areas. Reasonable accommodations, if requested, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities, absent undue hardship.