Senior Manager, Regional Aerospace Sales, Eastern US
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posted: July 25, 2019
The senior manager will be responsible for the promotion and selling of company products to regional customers through direct customer contact. Develop new customer accounts through research, networking, and market analysis. Support and manage CMA’s already established regional customer base. Assist with the development and administration of aircraft sales and marketing strategy, objectives and initiatives to maximize profit and realize market share.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Position and drive the sales department towards new sales expansion and opportunity, and the development of new customers.
- Participate on a cross-functional team in developing and implementing strategies to grow the business and drive revenue generation from new business. Assist with coordination of new product development with customers and other departments.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships and customer satisfaction by ensuring outstanding customer service and support.
- Ensure that sales department projects a customer “mind-set” that CMA is a high quality U.S. corporation and the industry’s foremost supplier.
- Achieve sales volume objectives to meet annual sales forecast.
- Submit monthly client continuous rolling demand forecast for production planning purposes and track sales performance against budget.
- Submit monthly sales reports.
- Assist with management of customer order fulfillment by coordinating sales department responsibilities with production, technical, supply chain and QA departments to ensure on-time product delivery and complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintain company and customer business information confidentiality.
- Assist Director, Aircraft Sales & Marketing with the development of strategies that plan for and provide a solid foundation for CMA’s advanced composites material business.
- Assist with analysis and determination of product pricing and support of customer contracts. Assist analysts with review of customer orders and forecasting and allocating materials to fulfill customer needs.
- Assist with development of sales forecast for annual budgeting and mid-term and yearly business plans.
- Act as liaison between sales and technical departments for customer driven technical projects.
- Use project management expertise to manage and influence cross-functional projects.
- Develop timelines, schedules, Gantt charts, resource plans, and budgets to support project activities.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Make recommendations and lead process improvement projects.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management.
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Associate. At all times, associates may be required to follow instructions and to perform other duties within a higher/lower level job upon the request of the supervisor.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, and or related field, or a combination of education and relevant industry experience.
- Ten plus years’ experience in strategic sales and marketing or program management, preferably in the composite material or structures business, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Ten plus years’ experience in strategic sales and marketing or program management, preferably in high performance composite materials and processing or structure manufacturing business, or equivalent combination of education and industry experience. Aerospace experience is highly preferred.
- Candidates should demonstrate sophisticated research and analysis skills, as well as an ability to further evolve the Toray business landscape.
- Candidates must possess excellent written/verbal communications skills, presentation skills, organizational time management skills, team building skills, and display a strong sales presence.
- Sufficient technical background to verify and shape our capture strategies and growth targets.
- Related business development experience and a demonstrated pattern of success. Ability to source new customers and develop relationships with new and existing customers. Ability to negotiate and close contracts.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations and or international traffic and arms regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including US citizenship requirements. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
Physical Demands and Required Travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Position requires the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Position frequently requires the ability to make quick decisions related to sales and marketing issues. Ability to set priorities. Ability to utilize interpersonal and teamwork skills, perform basic mathematical computations, provide analytical analysis and to understand and apply work specifications in the completion of work tasks. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the repetitive motions of hands/wrists are occasional. Ability to occasionally lift 10 pounds. Vision abilities require the adjustment and focus of sight. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. This is a home office based position, dis-located from the CMA’s corporate office. Position requires the ability to occasionally work a non-standard schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Position often requires work in excess of 40 hours in a week. Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.