Location: Tacoma, WA
Posted: July 31, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance and calibration schedules to ensure efficient operations.
- Communicate and coordinate schedule updates and changes regularly with maintenance leads, production, quality, IT, test lab, engineers, warehouse, purchasing, contractors, and management.
- Forecast labour hours needed for future projections.
- Generates reports to keep the maintenance management team informed of work progress and future work schedules.
- Screen work orders and audit equipment to document work requirements.
- Ability to write job plans in the CMMS, find information in document management system and read engineering drawings to identify part.
- Review work orders with maintenance leads and assign procedures, parts and labor estimates to maximize technician’s productivity.
Reviews completed work orders for completeness and accuracy, updates and supervises updating of machinery history data in the CMMS system
- Report and analyze historical data from the CMMS to uncover trends and develop insights that can materially improve our operational performance.
- Walk down jobs within the Production Areas to define scope of work and necessary parts, labor, equipment, tools, procedures, etc.
- Assign parts from Toray inventory to work orders. If required parts are not in inventory, research and purchase parts and/or service as needed.
- Ensures that all parts and equipment are available on time for shutdown work.
- Completes Job Plans at least one week in advance for assigned maintenance personnel.
- Assist leads in reviewing completed work orders and update procedures.
- Writes procedures in CMMS using the Toray CMA format. This includes reviewing procedures in the field and working closely with technicians.
- Initiate, develop and implement ideas to improve maintenance systems and processes.
- Demonstrates leadership through maintaining a positive attitude, reliable work ethic and an overall behavior that supports and strengthens the team.
- Must be an effective communicator and possess good listening skills
- Follow all plant safety rules, report any unsafe conditions immediately and take immediate action as needed to mitigate any unsafe situation.
Skills and Specifications
- Complete understanding of the work order module in the CMMS.
- Able to walk down jobs in the Process areas, understand the scope, and clearly define the parts, equipment, tools, and procedure for completing the work.
- Able to run reports and extract data from the CMMS as requested.
- Can create accurate and thorough work Procedures within the CMMS.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; or professional certification / Associates Degree with a minimum of three years’ experience; or five years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional preferred.
- Extensive experience utilizing a CMMS, in the management and organization of maintenance tasks. Preferred Maintenance Connection.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the repetitive motions of hands/wrists are frequent. Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to move within the production area and occasionally climb stairs and ladders. Vision abilities require the adjustment and focus of sight. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment, including respirators as required. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation. Must be able to wear a full face respirator.