Boeing Program Manager
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posted: June 19, 2019
As an integral part of the CMA sales team you will be responsible for developing and driving the overall Boeing program strategy and providing business leadership to meet customer standards, achieve sales volume and develop assist in the development of the aircraft business strategy. Duties and Responsibilities
- Managers the team that is responsible for direct Boeing customer interface and maintains customer relations for both domestic and international customers.
- Acts as subject matter expert for Boeing programs.
- Facilitates and lead the interaction between program management team and technical department for customer focused projects.
- Oversee the management and aggregation of program forecasts and achieve sales volumes based on reconciliation of customer forecast, program rate forecasts and internal operating tempos.
- Keep Executive management advised of program status.
- Lead collaboration project efforts with Boeing programs as commercial focal.
- Insures relevant program management information is included in monthly aircraft sales report for incorporation with overall TCA monthly sales reports.
- Maintains CMA and customer business information confidentiality.
- Utilize Project management best practices and tools to integrate and manage individual/customer-specific development projects.
- Develop project timelines/project plans and return on investment analysis (as required) to meet pricing strategies and business expectations.
- Conduct performance to plan analysis for actual sales vs. forecast on a recurring basis. Implements action based plans to meet sales targets. Implements actions based plans to meet sales targets.
- Assists Direct or Aerospace Sales in the development of aircraft business strategy and implements the strategy in the development of new Boeing programs.
- Develops Boeing program sales forecast used by CMA management for annual budgeting and business plans and mid-term business plan.
- Provides focus for market and competitor analysis.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to source new customers and develop relationships with new and existing customers.
- Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software.
- Possess an expert knowledge of sales and marketing practices and procedures.
- Program management and analytical skills required.
- Knowledge of record keeping techniques and procedures.
- Ability to foster teamwork.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with customers and potential customers.
- Ability to develop close working relationships across all departments.
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities and cultures with a basic understanding of multi-national management philosophies and practices.
- Ability to deal with complex factors and sound decision-making without directly-related experience.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Eight to Ten years’ experience in strategic sales and marketing or program management, preferably in the composite material or structures business, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required. Aerospace experience and knowledge of Boeing Commercial Aircraft programs is preferred.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Position requires the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Position frequently requires the ability to make quick decisions related to sales and marketing issues. Ability to set priorities. Ability to utilize interpersonal and teamwork skills, perform basic mathematical computations, provide analytical analysis and to understand and apply work specifications in the completion of work tasks. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the repetitive motions of hands/wrists are occasional. Ability to occasionally lift 10 pounds. Vision abilities require the adjustment and focus of sight. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position travels up to 50% of the time.