Location: Decatur, AL
Posted: June 4, 2019
Uses CAD equipment to provide support to Engineers by preparing routine layouts, EFD’s, detail drawings, sketches and diagrams. Acts as the liaison between construction personnel, from the initial design concept & layout through construction development concerning architectural and or civil engineering issues. Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to create and update layout drawings, equipment drawings and engineering flow diagrams (EFD).
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized filing system for drawings and helping to develop AutoCAD standards and procedures.
- Communicate with appropriate departments regarding new and revised prints.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to share knowledge with other team members.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to self-motivate and take initiative.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision with a certain degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with other departments.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities and cultures.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Education and Qualifications
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- A two-year college degree; or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school; or, completion of specialized training courses conducted by equipment vendors; or job specific skills acquired through on-the-job training or apprenticeship program.
- Knowledge in personal computer systems such as; Microsoft applications and AutoCAD.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Must be able to wear a full face respirator.