EHS Assistant I
Location: Moore, SC
Posted: May 13, 2019
Assist EHS in routine duties including maintaining confidential items as required, update and maintain EHS medical files, and setting up an orderly filing system. Set up orientations and coordinate daily tasks as assigned. Assist in other duties as assigned. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clerical support in all EHS areas including but not limited to filing and maintaining confidential items, organization and control of all documents. Maintain Process Safety Management Documents and serve as a scribe during Hazard Analysis and assist in keeping assigned tasks on schedule.
- Set up EHS orientation and training schedules.
- Set up testing for employees concerning annual physicals, audio and respirator fit testing.
- Update and implement training as assigned into the document control/training management system.
- Maintain training documents and coordinate training with employees for adherence to state and federal requirements.
- Set up and maintain vendor supply and ordering system for purchasing safety and environmental equipment and supplies.
- Update EHS policies and procedures as assigned into the document control/training management system.
- Update the Safety First Program documentation as needed. Maintain accurate spreadsheets concerning cost of all Safety First Program related items.
- Order prizes as requested by employees.
- Communicate with Team Captains and other employees concerning documentation, point totals and orders.
- Work with outside vendor to keep and or update Safety First Program prize selection.
- Create appropriate communications as requested to employees, vendors and Governmental agencies. Maintain and update a schedule for Governmental Compliance.
- Assist in documenting Workers Compensation injuries and illnesses. Assist in keeping proper controls in this area, setting up Doctor’s appointments, maintaining proper documentation, filing reports in a timely manner and keeping record retention as required.
- Initiate and update contractor’s information as needed. Work with outside vendor to ensure contractor information is available and if necessary updated. Assist contractors regarding proper filing of documents and document updates as required. Send out annual notification, requiring information updates. Work with Maintenance and other groups, to help qualify contractors so they may work on site.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Skills and Specifications
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and email systems. Demonstration of proficiencies in these areas is required.
- Ability to appropriately handle stress and work well under pressure.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to adapt and conform to shifting priorities and demands and execute accordingly.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned.
- Ability to drive during the workday and/or travel as required.
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the repetitive motions of hands/wrists are occasional. Vision requires the adjustment and focus of sight. Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment as necessary. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation. Reasonable accommodations, if requested, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities, absent undue hardship.