Location: Moore, SC
Posted: February 5, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop production schedules based on the Sales Department’s requirements.
- Identify precursor needs from other Toray sites and place orders through purchasing group and then coordinate delivery.
- Identify raw material needs for production. Place orders through purchasing and track delivery information to ensure materials will be available for production.
- Create work orders and detailed production plan for production areas in Accounting and MES Systems.
- Develop doff tables for carbonization production. Communicate weekly plan.
- Work closely with Maintenance groups to plan and schedule plant shutdowns.
- Maintain all records necessary to comply with ISO for contract review and order fulfillment.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate PAN Export to other Toray facilities.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to share knowledge with other team members.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to self-motivate and take initiative.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision with a certain degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with other departments.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities and cultures.
- Possess excellent Excel skills, understand Microsoft AX, and become an export user of MES System (GE Proficy).
- A very good understanding of the manufacturing processes is required in order to schedule the production and order the raw materials.
Education and Qualifications
- Five to eight years of similar or related experience.
- A college degree (non-technical discipline); multi-craft skills acquired through extensive on-the-job training or apprenticeship programs; in-depth industry and job specific technical skills acquired through a combination of formal instruction and on-the-job training.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Job tasks are usually performed in an production environment.
Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as necessary.