Production Technician – Carbonization
Location: Moore, SC
Posted: May 10, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up, adjust and operate production machinery for maximum efficiency.
- Produce products according to production standards and schedules.
- Inspect machine set-ups to ensure proper operation.
- Read, interpret and understand charts and tables relating to chemicals/materials for production.
- Obtain materials required for production run.
- Monitor machine operation to ensure the production of quality products.
- Inspect products during production runs.
- Operate production equipment computer interface and process monitoring systems (DCS).
- Utilize a variety of hand tools in the performance of production tasks.
- Clean machine to ensure proper running and operation.
- Create and/or complete necessary production related paperwork.
- Perform job tasks according to schedules, using established safe methods and processes.
- Work with others to achieve an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Actively participate in shift turnover process.
- Participate in productivity improvements including operating procedure development in tandem with production management, supervisors and other departments.
- Perform first-level preventative maintenance on production equipment.
- Maintain work area(s) in a clean and orderly condition.
- Operate equipment including forklift, hoist, etc. to move materials and supplies.
- Perform other related production duties as assigned.
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Associate. At all times Associates will be required to follow instructions and to perform any other duties within this or a higher/lower level job upon request of the supervisor.
Skills and Specifications
- Job tasks are carried out in an environment that consists of recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Job assignments usually involve a moderate degree of complexity or difficulty. Typically operate from established and well-known written procedures or instructions. Perform work assignments independently with a moderate level of supervision. Errors in work or judgment can cause delays and/or add to material costs.
- Ability to evaluate conditions; recognize safety and quality issues; and recommend best course of action.
- Requires the ability to set priorities based upon pre-determined schedules.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve at an high level.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to internal customers.
- Ability to operate power equipment such as forklifts, etc., and to utilize a variety of hand tools.
- Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and applicable software.
- Possess knowledge of production standards and specifications and ability to accurately perform data entry of inputs and outputs.
- Position requires the ability to read and understand diagrams.
- Knowledge of safety techniques, practices and procedures for handling hazardous materials.
- Possess knowledge of record keeping techniques and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree or GED required.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Position frequently requires the ability to make quick decisions related to the area’s processes. Ability to utilize interpersonal and teamwork skills, perform basic mathematical computations, follow directions and to understand and apply work specifications in the completion of work tasks. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the repetitive motions of hands/wrists are frequent. Ability to occasionally lift 60 pounds. Job requires the ability to stand for up to 12 hours. Vision abilities require the adjustment and focus of sight. Ability to be physically mobile and to climb stairs. Ability to wear personal protective equipment for extended periods of time. Ability to be respirator fit and wear a respirator if required. Must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
Job tasks are usually performed in a production environment. Occasional exposure to a wide range of temperatures. Works with potentially hazardous materials or components. May be required to wear personal protective equipment for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to work a rotating or fixed non-standard schedule which includes nights and weekends. Position frequently requires work in excess of 40 hours in a week. Position requires the ability to stand for up to 12 hours and move throughout the production area.