Location: Moore, SC
Posted: April 6, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review purchase requests and analyze needs for production, maintenance, and operating supplies.
- Research and obtain quotes on raw materials, parts, machinery, operating supplies, and contract and repair services to support company operations.
- Negotiate terms and conditions for contract and not-contract items, analyze price quotations, verify deliveries, and ensure materials conform to requirements and operating schedules.
- Issue Purchase Order releases and handle account payable communication with vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinate VMis (vendor managed inventories) and monitor and report monthly department usage to Management.
- Process orders; arrange freight for domestic shipments and paperwork for international orders. Monitor imports, track domestic shipments and verify delivery and acceptance.
- Compile and maintain records and prepare statistical reports about procurement, usage, and costs.
- Develop, implement and document cost reductions and process improvements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors, and communicate product issues.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a good knowledge of procurement and logistics support techniques and procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to self-motivate and take initiative.
- Knowledge of record keeping techniques and procedures.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with other departments and outside contacts.
- Position occasionally requires the ability to make quick decisions related to planning support issues.
- Ability to work well with diverse personalities.
Education and Qualifications
Associate’s degree and three plus years’ experience in procurement of goods and services in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
Personal computer experience in Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, required.
This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Ability to utilize/operate a computer, telephone, peripheral equipment and appropriate software. Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, follow directions and to understand and apply work specifications in the completion of work tasks. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the repetitive motions of hands/wrists are occasional. Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds. Vision abilities require the adjustment and focus of sight. Ability to be physically mobile. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as necessary.