Production Technician – Spinning
Location: Moore, SC
Posted: February 16, 2021
Work in a team environment to safely perform the necessary operations for the production of carbon fiber precursor. Responsibilities include maintaining a high awareness of quality, safety, and teamwork within the team. Starting wage is $19.81 per hour with performance based progression raises every 12 months until employee reaches top out rate of $30.53.
Work schedule is 12 hour continuous operations 5:30-5:30 am/pm rotating am/pm days and nights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all plant safety rules and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Support Supervisor and Specialist.
- Achieve safety, quality, and production goals.
- Complete all process checklists per schedule.
- Complete all sampling and quality checks per schedule.
- Perform minor mechanical maintenance in a total productive maintenance environment.
- Work necessary overtime, as assigned by supervisor, to ensure all required duties are completed.
- Relieve teammates for lunch and break periods per assigned schedule.
- Assist in the writing of operational procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Specifications
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Job tasks are usually performed in a production environment.
Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Must be able to wear a full face respirator.