Location: Moore, SC
Posted: February 16, 2021
Provide electrical engineering support to the maintenance department. This includes equipment troubleshooting, procedure reviews, new & improvement projects, design reviews, specification reviews, reports, and proper documentation of equipment information. Coordinate projects with outside consultants and corporate engineers from foreign cultures on process changes or design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all plant safety rules and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Must be motivated, willing to work alone or with a group and a self-starter.
- Provide electrical design, repairs and facilities maintenance.
- Support with electrical integrity program.
- Evaluate and/or troubleshoot current and future electrical problems within the production facility.
- Assist with the electrical design of process improvements.
- Implement countermeasures to correct electrical issues.
- Manage capital projects. Coordinate work between internal teams, engineering firms, and construction contractors.
- Manage all requirements of MOC program for projects and process improvements.
- Support the Reliability Team. Collect and interpret data and create projects to improve plant performance.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of Predictive Maintenance technologies.
- Experienced in DCS, PLC, and Delta V.
- Experience in Process and Project Management.
- Experience with electrical repairs and facilities maintenance.
- High voltage experience.
- Experience in assessment of system equipment integrity to understand the full range of operability.
- Thorough understanding of Electrical Engineering Principles.
- Working knowledge of the PSM (Process Safety Management) regulation and standards such as API, ASME, ASTM, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to share knowledge with other team members and set priorities. Ability to self-motivate and take initiative.
- Knowledge of record keeping techniques and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of user support techniques and procedures.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision and reports to maintenance manager.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with other departments.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities and cultures.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Master’s degree or professional certification preferred.
- Minimum five years of similar or related experience.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Job tasks are usually performed in an office/manufacturing environment.
Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the repetitive motions of hands/wrists are frequent. Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to move within the production area, climb ladders, stairs and occasionally work at heights. Vision abilities require the adjustment and focus of sight. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment, including a respirator as required. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.