Engineer II, Industrial
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posted: March 20, 2020
Provide analytical support and coordination for plant operations. Contribute to the improvement of operational efficiency, yield improvement and cost analysis. Responsible for budgeting activities and capacity analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify all preconditions of the current operations model and use this information to develop and maintain a more robust model to be used in the creation of budgets and future capacity studies.
- Forecast future capacity requirements, ensuring that capacity targets may be achieved in a cost effective manner.
- Anticipate changing optimization goals and make appropriate changes to the capacity model.
- Develop and administer capacity planning models and reports that support customer demands.
- Conduct production and test laboratory capacity studies for planning future equipment and manpower needs.
- Prepare annual operations budget for review.
- Review month-end manufacturing cost data for accuracy and reasonableness; complete yield and self-effort analysis. Highlight areas of opportunity for cost improvement based on the results of this analysis.
- Work as part of the team for ongoing system enhancements and modifications; opportunities for process automation; forecasting methodologies; trending analysis and budget process.
- Conduct plant layout, material flow and expansion scope activities to support expansion projects.
- Assist in the joint responsibility of maintaining a safe working environment and implementing safe operating procedures to ensure an accident-free record.
- Assist in the preparation of rate readiness and other capacity studies.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software, including a high level of Microsoft Excel programming knowledge and experience.
- Working knowledge of statistical quality control.
- Familiarity with Total Quality Management.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to foster teamwork.
- Must be able to get along well with diverse personalities and cultures.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with other departments.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or closely related equivalent degree, and three to five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
Educational courses in business management, experience in a raw material
“converting” industry, and/or experience with an enterprise-wide manufacturing information system preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Ability to analyze data and problem solve at a high level. Ability to utilize interpersonal and teamwork skills, perform advanced mathematical computations, follow directions and to understand and apply work specifications in the completion of work tasks. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the repetitive motions of hands/wrists are frequent. Ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities require the adjustment and focus of sight. Ability to be physically mobile and to occasionally walk within the facility. Climbing of stairs is rarely required.