Administrator I, Client Systems
Location: Decatur, AL
Posted: March 8, 2020
Provide Help Desk support to resolve all reported issues with IT systems and services. Perform escalations to Tier 2 IT staff when needed. Utilize administrative software tools to provide advanced user support within systems across multiple sites. Identify, diagnose, and resolve issues with computer equipment, user accounts and rights, operating systems, software applications, printing, scanning, and conferencing systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and modify user accounts, groups, and rights in multiple systems.
- Acquire, deploy, repair, and replace all IT client hardware and software for office and production environments following department standards.
- Support the Senior Client Systems Administrators with creation, deployment, updating, and monitoring of Operating System images, software installations, and updates.
- Work with the Client Systems Supervisor to establish new and update existing processes.
- Utilize IT Service Management software for documenting, tracking, and completing service tickets. Ensure timely escalations or resolutions and complete communication to customers.
- Build, deploy, troubleshoot, and repair computer hardware, peripherals, printers, tablets, barcode scanners, communication displays, and smartphones. Recommend and schedule repairs and returns.
- Administer Thin Client terminals and VMware virtual machines.
- Report and respond to cybersecurity events. Support, monitor, and assist in the troubleshooting of LAN issues. Ensure laptops and removable media are encrypted.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels, keep inventory spaces highly organized, and perform asset management. Order and track annual software maintenance renewals.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and service on workstation and peripheral equipment.
- Immediately inform IT Management of critical issues affecting productivity or causing production downtime.
- Follow existing documentation and processes. Create new and update existing documentation to improve department efficiency.
- Prepare, store, and schedule electronic waste for disposal pickup.
- Responsible for delivering high quality customer service and end-user training.
- Ensure accident prevention and safety, work with other staff and closely follow established safety guidelines.
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Document, maintain, upgrade or replace hardware and software systems.
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Associate. At all times, Associates may be required to perform any other duties within this or a higher/lower job level upon the request of the supervisor.
Skills and Specifications
- Job tasks are carried out with limited functional guidance and direction with moderate latitude for decision-making. Job tasks are carried out in an environment that consists of recurring work situations with frequent variations from the norm. Job assignments usually involve a moderate degree of complexity or difficulty.
- Most job functions or responsibilities are defined; however, some tasks require the development of new ideas, methods or approaches. Errors in work or judgment can cause system disruptions and outages, and have a limited effect.
- Works with confidential data such as passwords, which, if disclosed, may have minimal adverse effect on company.
- Position requires the ability to set priorities, follow schedules and manage own time.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve at a moderately skilled level.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to internal customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to share knowledge with other team members.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to self-motivate and take initiative.
- Basic knowledge of record keeping techniques and procedures.
- General knowledge of user support techniques and procedures.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory, hardware, operating systems, client side networking.
- Knowledge in installing and supporting Microsoft Office products.
- Experience and understanding of delivering quality customer service.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with other departments.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities and cultures.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Ability to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform functions of the job.
Education and Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in computer-oriented curriculum and up to one years’ experience in user support (training in both hardware and software), or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Experience in Windows networking preferred.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin. This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and appropriate software. Ability to perform basic mathematical computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and to understand and apply work specifications in the completion of work tasks. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the repetitive motions of hands/wrists are frequent. Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds. Ability to move within the production area and occasionally climb stairs. Vision abilities require the adjustment and focus of sight. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
Job tasks are performed in an indoor office environment with occasional visits to the production floor. Plant environment may include presence of solvents, resins and other chemicals. Occasional work in close spaces. Position occasionally requires work in excess of 40 hours in a week. Available on-call as needed after normal business hours.